Forum: Archive RSS
Fable 2 Savegame Editor 0.6

Announcement

2008-11-05, 13:54 by Keshire
Rules for posting on this site.
Follow them or have your posting rights removed or be banned.

[cut=Full List Of Rules]*  If a topic makes no sense to you, do not ask broad questions about it.  We have a lot of developer posts that will make no sense to someone who doesn't know how to program or has not taken the time to explore the game files.

*  All modifications we release for the xbox will require a modified xbox.  Ask for instruction and then tell us you don't have one will result in banning/deletion of all posts for failure to read instructions.  THERE WILL BE NO SAVES ON THIS SITE SO DO NOT REQUEST THEM.

*  We do not endorse pirating.  Suggesting or asking for such will get you banned.  If you like a game BUY IT.  People worked hard to make something to entertain you, it's the least you can do.  If you are caught without one of these you will be banned.

*  Posting of original game files is strictly prohibited.  If you have code to share post just the code you have made.  Only attach files if you have created an application or something similar that requires the attachment.  If you made many changes to a file but did not change ALL of it then post a PPF or something similar to avoid posting any original code at all.  Do not link to original files either.  Either way it's just the same as posting them here.

*  Harassing admins/moderators through PM/Email because of your own inability to work things out with other people in the forums will result in loss of PM an removal of ability to post.

*  Harassing admins/moderators through PM/Email because of your own inability to read posts and stickies in the forums with any compitence will result in loss of PM an removal of ability to post.

*  Harassing or just flooding a topic/person because you are too lazy to use search will get your posting rights removed.  Search exists for a reason and we won't deal with people that constantly ask for things that are easy to find with search.

*  Public bashing of other members will get your posts removed.  If it is done repeatedly you will get your account banned.

*  Posting a reply to merely say you don't know or you also want to know something is a waste of space and all of our collective time (assuming you weren't asked directly, but if you were it probably should have been done in PM).  Repeated offenders will get their posting rights removed.

*  Do not cross post questions/requests in forums.  Pick the appropriate forum and post it there.  People read in all of the forums and don't need to see the extra spam.

*  Everything on this site is provided AS IS.  If you use a tool that someone wrote here and it crashes your computer, we don't care.  The programmer should be informed with as much information as you can provide in order to prevent that from happening again though.

*  Being an open forum, try to contribute to it.  As in by helping crack file formats or developing new tools or game modifications.  Leeches are never appreciated.  Especially when they are ungrateful for the work that other people put into doing something for them.  Being ungrateful is a very quick path to being banned.

*  Lack of acting like a mature person or inability to type in proper english or something close to it will not be tolerated (i.e. l33t,ALL CAPS, or IM shorthand).

Basically, this is a technically based Fable modding site.  This is NOT a playground. [/cut]

If you have a problem with these rules, don't come here.

Failure to not read the stickies on forums (like this one) is not an excuse.  Failure to read this post is also not an excuse.
Page:  1  2  3  next 
xI V3n93ance Ix #1
Member since Dec 2008 · 18 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Fable 2 Savegame Editor 0.6
Fable 2 Savegame Editor
current build: 0.6
[Image: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd83/xI_V3n93ance_Ix/Fable%202%20Mod/Fable2SavegameEditor06.jpg]

Older builds:
[Image: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd83/xI_V3n93ance_Ix/Fable%202%20Mod/th_Fable2GamesaveEditor05.jpg]

[Image: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd83/xI_V3n93ance_Ix/Fable%202%20Mod/th_Fable2SavegameEditor02.jpg]

[Image: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd83/xI_V3n93ance_Ix/Fable%202%20Mod/th_Fable2App001.jpg]

Features:
-Most of the values can be changed
-Resigner/Hasher inside
-All Abilities researched

ToDo:
-Crack the "texturemorphs.bin" ( help )
Body values ?
Inventory inside ?

-Fix some values ( x64 related )
Experience
Morality
Purity
SaveUID

-Make the Resigner/Hasher acessable

Green = Working on / Near 100%
Orange = Started
Red = Not started yet

Description:
Well, I have to stop my work here.
Someone else, more skilled programmer will release his own Fable 2 App.
My app is still not finish, and it will never be.

There are some bugs and it may destroy your save.
Use it at your own risk.

Please dont post this on other Forums.

Tutorial:
-Get your HeroXXX ( XXX for you number ) Save from your HDD
( Location : Partition3 / Content / ( Your Profile) / 4D5307F1 / 00000001 / )
-Make a backup of it
-Open your Save with "Fable 2 Savegame Editor 0.6"
-Edit the things you want
-Save & Close
-Reblock and Resign with your favourite app
-Play ^^
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2010-07-09, 00:24 by JohnDoe.
JohnDoe Moderator #2
User title: Community Pet
Member since Nov 2008 · 19 posts · Location: Texas
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Alright, handful of things to say.

First, great first app and first tool release. Side note, could you link me to the tutorials you used? I suddenly have a lot of faith in whatever you read. :D
Second, I would recommend that the abilities and experience pools were labeled. I remember in IRC that one of the abilities was strength. It would be better if the user knew which one was which. And the experience pools, I'm guessing they're using the same general/physical/skill/will set, I recommend labeling those too. ;)
Last thing, as LittleCodingFox mentioned, it would be better if it were in English. I know that there's a way to make apps multilingual but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. I know erfahrung means experience, and I think insgesamt means together, but that confuses me. You may also want to mention in the thread which specific files to open, and how to get them. If I remember correctly, this requires a dump of the con file and using the Hero--- files. Just making sure.

Anyway, want to say again that you did a good job with this, especially for your first app. :)
An optimist is a pessimist in the making.
xI V3n93ance Ix #3
Thank you for your ( official ) feedback.
I allready fixed all those things you said and will soon release version 0.5 ( or even 0.6 ).

With that Ability things I had to make a lot of research -_-
Like change everything to 0. Change one Ability to 1, test the Save and the hole thing again.

Oh ^^
You dont have to extract the files. Just simply open the HeroXXX ( XXX = mostly 000 ) with the App.
Im workin on a check, so you cant open any file you want.
Later I will add a little noob-safe tutorial for everyone.

And all the information I used for this App were found by myself.

greetz
V3n3
JohnDoe Moderator #4
User title: Community Pet
Member since Nov 2008 · 19 posts · Location: Texas
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Alrighty then, good work. :)
An optimist is a pessimist in the making.
Your Face!!!!!! #5
Member since Dec 2008 · 1 post · Location: Right behind you
Now I need to buy myself another xbox 360 so I can mod it and still have a backup :-p  great work, this fable 2 modding is actually going by really quickly, I wish I could help, but I have no internet yet and don't know how to program, and don't understand tutorials.
When life gives you lemons, squeeze 'em in someones eyes and haul ass!!!!
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson
God has a sense of humor. Don't believe me? Go to Wal-Mart and just look at people!
Some people are like slinkies, they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
xI V3n93ance Ix #6
Its not really that hard.
Right now Im workin with some other guys ( not from here ._. ) on the other files inside the Save.
Allready found the values for the way you look like and tatoos and stuff.

Looks like I can release a 1.0 version soon with some great features :)

greetz
V3n3
jamesfoil #7
Member since Mar 2009 · 1 post
Well, it doesnt work for me

after loading my save up, it just doesnt want to load, it shows the loading screen with hints, but nothing else happens, and sometimes i get this random german text
xI V3n93ance Ix #8
Update Post #1
DEElekgolo #9
Member since Mar 2009 · 3 posts
Why stop your work? I havent seen any other fable 2 save game editor out there.
feudalnate #10
Member since Mar 2009 · 3 posts · Location: Your Mom's Basement

[Image: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/302/spirescreeny.png]
(Click for larger image)

Vengeance, just extract the herosave.bin and read through the nodes with an XML class.

<Experience0 type="float">214.000000 43560000</Experience0>
214.000000 = Float
43560000 = Float in hexadecimal format

Also remember that the file size must be fixed and the checksums at E000 & the beginning of herosave.bin/fable2pubinfo.xml must be fixed to correspond to the new file size. (4 Bytes/Big Endian)

If you would like to research with me, just add me on AIM or MSN (PM me for my username)

and yes, I already have a whitepaper that you can see.
xI V3n93ance Ix #11
In reply to post #9
First, wow.
I didnt know that you guys are here ^^

Quote by DEElekgolo:

I use Supermodders Xbox360 class, and I asked him if Im allowed to use it bcause I allready received it from ... someone ^^
He denied ... so.
I mean, I released it ... but I dont think it will hit the "big" sites.

@feudalnate
I allready found all that out ;)
And I did that XML thingy ^^

My problem is that Im right now not skilled enough to do various things I want to do.
Maybe I will continue when I finish that C# book ...
Release your app feudalnate and dont care about superaison ;D
DEElekgolo #12
Member since Mar 2009 · 3 posts
I really dont see to much from both apps. It looks to me like it just edits the XML. I havent messed with fable 2 in a while, are you able to set the money value higher then the original?
xI V3n93ance Ix #13
Quote by DEElekgolo:
I really dont see to much from both apps. It looks to me like it just edits the XML. I havent messed with fable 2 in a while, are you able to set the money value higher then the original?

Actually, it just do ^^
For do a higher value we would have to repack the hole CON ...
I mean, I got the code for it but cant build it in right now.

The REALLY exctiting things are inside the texturemorphs.bin, but Im a newb at reverse engineering and no one wants to do it, so ...
We are just able to mod simple things.
Drifter7050 #14
Member since Nov 2008 · 1 post · Location: Wouldn't You Like To Know
where do you get the spire app from? it looks like a good start to a mod tool.
Drink Vitamin Water it gives you the strength to bench press llamas
feudalnate #15
Member since Mar 2009 · 3 posts · Location: Your Mom's Basement
Quote by Drifter7050:
where do you get the spire app from? it looks like a good start to a mod tool.

Its located on my hard drive, still in development

Quote by DEElekgolo:
I really don't see to much from both apps. It looks to me like it just edits the XML. I havent messed with fable 2 in a while, are you able to set the money value higher then the original?

Well I can't speak for Vengeance, but with Spire you can make the "Gold" value any number you wish and it will also fix the file size/checksums (to get the save to work properly again). More features as well...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  next 
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Registration disabled
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 204.4 ms (85.8 ms) · 139 database queries in 151.9 ms
Current time: 2024-03-29, 05:51:54 (UTC -07:00)