Forum: Archive RSS
CON Gamesave Information

Announcement

2008-11-05, 13:54 by Keshire
Rules for posting on this site.
Follow them or have your posting rights removed or be banned.

[cut=Full List Of Rules]*  If a topic makes no sense to you, do not ask broad questions about it.  We have a lot of developer posts that will make no sense to someone who doesn't know how to program or has not taken the time to explore the game files.

*  All modifications we release for the xbox will require a modified xbox.  Ask for instruction and then tell us you don't have one will result in banning/deletion of all posts for failure to read instructions.  THERE WILL BE NO SAVES ON THIS SITE SO DO NOT REQUEST THEM.

*  We do not endorse pirating.  Suggesting or asking for such will get you banned.  If you like a game BUY IT.  People worked hard to make something to entertain you, it's the least you can do.  If you are caught without one of these you will be banned.

*  Posting of original game files is strictly prohibited.  If you have code to share post just the code you have made.  Only attach files if you have created an application or something similar that requires the attachment.  If you made many changes to a file but did not change ALL of it then post a PPF or something similar to avoid posting any original code at all.  Do not link to original files either.  Either way it's just the same as posting them here.

*  Harassing admins/moderators through PM/Email because of your own inability to work things out with other people in the forums will result in loss of PM an removal of ability to post.

*  Harassing admins/moderators through PM/Email because of your own inability to read posts and stickies in the forums with any compitence will result in loss of PM an removal of ability to post.

*  Harassing or just flooding a topic/person because you are too lazy to use search will get your posting rights removed.  Search exists for a reason and we won't deal with people that constantly ask for things that are easy to find with search.

*  Public bashing of other members will get your posts removed.  If it is done repeatedly you will get your account banned.

*  Posting a reply to merely say you don't know or you also want to know something is a waste of space and all of our collective time (assuming you weren't asked directly, but if you were it probably should have been done in PM).  Repeated offenders will get their posting rights removed.

*  Do not cross post questions/requests in forums.  Pick the appropriate forum and post it there.  People read in all of the forums and don't need to see the extra spam.

*  Everything on this site is provided AS IS.  If you use a tool that someone wrote here and it crashes your computer, we don't care.  The programmer should be informed with as much information as you can provide in order to prevent that from happening again though.

*  Being an open forum, try to contribute to it.  As in by helping crack file formats or developing new tools or game modifications.  Leeches are never appreciated.  Especially when they are ungrateful for the work that other people put into doing something for them.  Being ungrateful is a very quick path to being banned.

*  Lack of acting like a mature person or inability to type in proper english or something close to it will not be tolerated (i.e. l33t,ALL CAPS, or IM shorthand).

Basically, this is a technically based Fable modding site.  This is NOT a playground. [/cut]

If you have a problem with these rules, don't come here.

Failure to not read the stickies on forums (like this one) is not an excuse.  Failure to read this post is also not an excuse.
xI V3n93ance Ix #1
Member since Dec 2008 · 18 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: CON Gamesave Information
EDIT:
Here are my saves, so you can do some research on your own.
MegaUpload.com Download

/Edit
So, I was a little bored and just took a look into the Fable 2 gamesave, which is in a CON Container that is stored at "Partition3\Content\*Your Profile ID*\4D5307F1\00000001\Hero***" on your HDD. ( * is a placeholder, there can be 000 or any other number )

Following Files I found inside the Container:
saveuid.bin
mainsave.bin
Fable2PubInfo.xml
herosave.bin
chaptersave.bin
texturemorphs.bin
failquestsave.bin

What I found out:
saveuid.bin
Looks like its a unique signature for the used savegame.
The values are pretty random.

mainsave.bin
Un-readable mix of signs. Maybe locations, inventory and everything alse which has todo with you.

Fable2PubInfo.xml
Looks like there are all informations for the Mini-Games inside the game.
Everything Unicode.

herosave.bin
Actually an xml file.
There is your amount of money, gender and your stats how Evil/Good you are and your morality.
Also all the information about your Skills are stored in here and all your Experience and Total Experience is written down here.

chaptersave.bin
Looks like there is your current Location and Quest named. Also, there is a value that says in what Chapter you are right now. Two other things, "RichPresenceType" and "NextLoadingScreenTip", are also named and I think that the last one is self explaned.

texturemorphs.bin
That is the biggest file with nearly 2MB.
Nothing in Unicode inside here. Sounds for me that here is your information abour scars or something.

failquestsave.bin
Also, not readable.
Dont know what this could be.

Last Update :
12/16/08

Progress:
12/16/08
#1 - OK, tried to edit the amount of money from 88974 to 99999 inside the herosave.bin.
Couldn´t start the save, Fable 2 kicks me with an "Unable to read disc" error out of the game.
Looks like there is any check or something inside the hole thing ...

#2 - Found out that the SaveUID is something like a unique signature for every savegame.
Also found out that there are a bunch of images inside that my app couldnt extract. Have todo it by hand.
This post was edited 4 times, last on 2009-01-13, 19:42 by xI V3n93ance Ix.
Keshire Administrator #2
Member since Nov 2008 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Texture morphs is probably storing actual textures. And more than just scars, morality morphing is most likely included. As well as clothing dyes.

That is what Fable 1 was doing.
SaveUID is most likely a list of Unique ID's given to people, places, and objects (again, same as Fable 1).

At least those would be my best guesses.
Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
xI V3n93ance Ix #3
@Keshire
Sorry, forgot to mention that the file has just a size of 8 ( bytes ? );)

Made some more research on the SaveUID thing.
I cant proof anything, but now I think that its just a unique ID for the gamesave.
The Values are totally random.

Example :
Hero000
40 6B F3 90 F0 27 C5 C2

Hero001
40 43 6F 78 08 4F 59 DA

Hero002
40 42 1F 0C B0 11 AB 23

Any sugestions ?
Maybe I will try to switch the ID´s, and see what happen. ( Try an error ftw! )

Im pretty confused right now.
I have 3 savegames. My Original one and 2 I created a few minutes before.
All of them have the exact same size. First I thought the two new are just nulled out to reserve space but there is something inside. From the two new files I could just extract the SaveUID.

EDIT:
OK, I randomly searched for Images inside the files.
On my Gamesave ( Hero000 ) is my gamerpic inside, in small and big. Inside the other two files are any Avatar Gamerpics.
Also, there are a bunch of images inside. Actually way too many for me to extract per hand ... but interesting.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2008-12-18, 07:19 by xI V3n93ance Ix.
Silver Moderator #4
Member since Nov 2008 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
40 42 1F 0C
40 43 6F 78
40 6B F3 90

Are the first 4 bytes always a float?
xI V3n93ance Ix #5
o_0
Ehhh ...
Im just about to learn C#. I know what that means but ... dont know what it mean ^^
If you want to I can Upload some Savegames and all the things I found inside, maybe you can do more with it ;)
LittleCodingFox #6
Member since Nov 2008 · 34 posts
A float is a single-precision decimal number.
xI V3n93ance Ix #7
Sooooooooo ...
Here are the Gamesaves so far that I used for my research.
Once as the Original CON ( My ID´s are still inside ) and extracted ( just with wxPIRS, not per hand ).

My failed modded gamesaves are not in there, just because they dont work.
I hope you can do more with it ...

MegaUpload.com Download

Greetz
V3n3
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Not logged in. · Lost password · Registration disabled
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 109.2 ms (43 ms) · 53 database queries in 63.3 ms
Current time: 2024-04-26, 14:16:23 (UTC -07:00)