Subject: CON Gamesave Information
EDIT:
Here are my saves, so you can do some research on your own.
MegaUpload.com Download
/Edit
So, I was a little bored and just took a look into the Fable 2 gamesave, which is in a CON Container that is stored at "Partition3\Content\*Your Profile ID*\4D5307F1\00000001\Hero***" on your HDD. ( * is a placeholder, there can be 000 or any other number )
Following Files I found inside the Container:
saveuid.bin
mainsave.bin
Fable2PubInfo.xml
herosave.bin
chaptersave.bin
texturemorphs.bin
failquestsave.bin
What I found out:
saveuid.bin
Looks like its a unique signature for the used savegame.
The values are pretty random.
mainsave.bin
Un-readable mix of signs. Maybe locations, inventory and everything alse which has todo with you.
Fable2PubInfo.xml
Looks like there are all informations for the Mini-Games inside the game.
Everything Unicode.
herosave.bin
Actually an xml file.
There is your amount of money, gender and your stats how Evil/Good you are and your morality.
Also all the information about your Skills are stored in here and all your Experience and Total Experience is written down here.
chaptersave.bin
Looks like there is your current Location and Quest named. Also, there is a value that says in what Chapter you are right now. Two other things, "RichPresenceType" and "NextLoadingScreenTip", are also named and I think that the last one is self explaned.
texturemorphs.bin
That is the biggest file with nearly 2MB.
Nothing in Unicode inside here. Sounds for me that here is your information abour scars or something.
failquestsave.bin
Also, not readable.
Dont know what this could be.
Last Update :
12/16/08
Progress:
12/16/08
#1 - OK, tried to edit the amount of money from 88974 to 99999 inside the herosave.bin.
Couldn´t start the save, Fable 2 kicks me with an "Unable to read disc" error out of the game.
Looks like there is any check or something inside the hole thing ...
#2 - Found out that the SaveUID is something like a unique signature for every savegame.
Also found out that there are a bunch of images inside that my app couldnt extract. Have todo it by hand.
Here are my saves, so you can do some research on your own.
MegaUpload.com Download
/Edit
So, I was a little bored and just took a look into the Fable 2 gamesave, which is in a CON Container that is stored at "Partition3\Content\*Your Profile ID*\4D5307F1\00000001\Hero***" on your HDD. ( * is a placeholder, there can be 000 or any other number )
Following Files I found inside the Container:
saveuid.bin
mainsave.bin
Fable2PubInfo.xml
herosave.bin
chaptersave.bin
texturemorphs.bin
failquestsave.bin
What I found out:
saveuid.bin
Looks like its a unique signature for the used savegame.
The values are pretty random.
mainsave.bin
Un-readable mix of signs. Maybe locations, inventory and everything alse which has todo with you.
Fable2PubInfo.xml
Looks like there are all informations for the Mini-Games inside the game.
Everything Unicode.
herosave.bin
Actually an xml file.
There is your amount of money, gender and your stats how Evil/Good you are and your morality.
Also all the information about your Skills are stored in here and all your Experience and Total Experience is written down here.
chaptersave.bin
Looks like there is your current Location and Quest named. Also, there is a value that says in what Chapter you are right now. Two other things, "RichPresenceType" and "NextLoadingScreenTip", are also named and I think that the last one is self explaned.
texturemorphs.bin
That is the biggest file with nearly 2MB.
Nothing in Unicode inside here. Sounds for me that here is your information abour scars or something.
failquestsave.bin
Also, not readable.
Dont know what this could be.
Last Update :
12/16/08
Progress:
12/16/08
#1 - OK, tried to edit the amount of money from 88974 to 99999 inside the herosave.bin.
Couldn´t start the save, Fable 2 kicks me with an "Unable to read disc" error out of the game.
Looks like there is any check or something inside the hole thing ...
#2 - Found out that the SaveUID is something like a unique signature for every savegame.
Also found out that there are a bunch of images inside that my app couldnt extract. Have todo it by hand.
This post was edited 4 times, last on 2009-01-13, 19:42 by xI V3n93ance Ix.